About the blog…
How did I come up with the name “Drunk on Discounts”? To put it simply, I’m a shopaholic with a distaste for paying full price. I get a little woozy when I spot a sale.
I also have a hard time keeping things to myself. I don’t mean secrets – those are locked up. What I mean is that when someone compliments my dress or throw pillow, I have a hard time not telling them where I got it and how much it cost. I want my full disclosure attitude to help you realize that full price doesn’t have to be final price.
This blog is not going to teach you how to get out of debt or even advise you on a budget to live by. I simply want to share what works for me when it comes to scoring great deals on clothes, accessories, home decor, events, and anything else.
Apart from the four years I spent in Pennsylvania for college, I’ve lived in Northern Virginia my entire life. It was during my time at Shippensburg University when I met my husband Rusty. We both studied Communications/Journalism and were in a lot of the same classes but were just friends during college. My schedule was filled with sorority activities while he ran the college radio station. After years of staying in touch on Facebook, we decided to meet for lunch. Sparks flew, is that what they say? We moved in together in 2011, got engaged in 2012, and got married in May 2014.
Since college I’ve worked at a non-profit healthcare organization, as a nanny, and as a retail manager. Today, I’m a social media manager for an online university and I’m also earning my MBA with a concentration in Marketing.
I hope you have as much fun reading these posts as I have writing them.
In case you want to know more about me, here’s a list of stuff…
- My favorite movies are Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, The Princess Bride, and Jurassic Park (I really, really like dinosaurs)
- My taste in music ranges from Jay-Z to Britney Spears to Ben Folds
- I love girly shows like Say Yes to the Dress as much as dramas like Dexter
- Drinks of choice? Water, coffee, Diet Coke, Yellowtail Riesling
- If we go out for trivia night, my specialty is pop culture
- Popcorn is, on occasion, an acceptable dinner option
Happy reading and happier shopping!